Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Monday, June 24, 2013

Those Who Can and Summers

Last weekend, I heard, for the umpteenth time, "Those who can, do.  Those who cannot, teach."  I don't know who said this originally or why, but it really angers me when I hear it.  I mean ANGERS me!  Yes, most, well, all of the time, it is said by a non-educator who has absolutely no clue what it is like to teach, but still.  It angers me!

My dad gave me a sweatshirt many years ago that said, "Those who can, do.  Those who can do more, teach."  This I love! 

One time in a store, a lady misread my sweatshirt and almost attacked me.  Once she reread it, she really liked it and explained how the original quote upsets her too and she was ready to go after me if that is what my shirt said.  She, too, was an educator.

I am sure you have heard comments about how teachers get paid for the summer when they don't actually work.  "Teachers get 3 months off plus all those other holidays," they say.  I just saw this on Facebook, so I thought I would share. It isn't one I have seen before.


No comments:

Post a Comment