Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

This year, I spent Father's Day on the road through New Mexico, Arizona, and Nevada with my mom, brother, sister-in-law, nephew, and niece. 

My father passed away 10 years ago, and each Father's Day since has been a little sad.  I always wonder what life would be like if Dad were still with us. How different would life be?

My brother has been a father for 12 Father's Days now. A few questions I have for him (but won't ask) are:
Are you the father you thought you would be? 
Are you the father your children deserve?
Do you try to be like Dad or very different?
Do you have the relationships with your children that you want or that they want?


We were on the road to Las Vegas for my niece to dance.  Her dance team was invited to Nationals, so we decided to make it a family vacation. Not only were we all together on Father's Day, but we were heading to a town where my mom and dad visited 45-46 years ago, one of their first vacations as a married couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment