Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Thursday, June 6, 2013

And That's a Wrap!

Today was the last day of the 2012-2013 school year.  We ended with no food fights during lunch or breakfast and no fights  during or after school.  I say that is a pretty successful last day or school (as well as successful whole last week).

While we celebrated the last day and beginning of summer break, we said, "Good-bye," to students and began our "Good-byes" to co-workers. 

Our testing coordinator is moving to a new district position.  She is so funny, honest, and supportive.  She was always in "the know," and I could trust her.  I sure will miss her, and I wish her the best of luck in her new position.  She will be fabulous.

My officemate and At-Risk Coordinator is heading to a new high school position.  She has been wonderful with our students, creative and funny starring in the videos, a fantastic friend, a huge support, and someone I could truly trust. I will miss her faith, honesty, humor, and greatness daily.

We have a few teachers leaving for various other positions too.

My other officemate and I are changing offices. There are a lot of changes taking place next year, and teachers are beginning to prepare for those changes now that students have been dismissed.  Tomorrow will be a busy day of packing and moving and then the halls will go quiet until August.

To all the students out there, have a wonderful summer!

At the end of last year, my first year at this school and in this position, I had built relationships with some students, but it really didn't feel the same as the year ended.  The year just ended.  Students moved on.  This year, I have built numerous relationships with students, and I was a little sad to see them leave today.  I look forward to seeing how they do in high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment