Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Friday, June 28, 2013

I Love My Doctor!

Starting in January 2012, I began seeing my current doctor.  I needed someone closer to home, and I needed to follow-up on some things I had been monitoring with my previous doctor.  I had heard good things about this doctor from my brother and sister-in-law, so I decided to give him a try.  I really don't like seeing male doctors, but I gave him a shot anyway.

He is all about taking care of the whole body and not just the ailment.  He wants complete health, and I really like that.  He is also a data man, and I love that.  I love data!  Because I have insurance, I can get my blood work analyzed every three months.  It is a very detailed, multi-page analysis where he looks at everything possible.  After giving blood, I visit about 2 weeks later to go over everything.  He gives me my own colored copy to go through with him.  He makes notes in advance, and then I can make all the notes I want as he talks.  We discuss each part.  He asks me questions when some areas are a little off, and I ask questions when I don't understand something.  He is patient and takes his time to make sure I understand where I stand with my health and what I need to do in the next three months. 

For about a month before I give blood, I tend to worry that I'm not doing everything I need to do, but when I go for the analysis, I get good news.  (So far anyway!) Everything I have been doing/trying is paying off.  I am losing weight, my health is getting better and better, and I am feeling so much better than I did a year ago.

I was a little nervous at first b/c I thought he was into supplements and other things I really didn't understand.  Well, he is about vitamins and Metagenics.  He does his research about everything, reads constantly, and only wants the best for his patients.

When I leave his office each time, I feel invigorated to do even better the next time.  I can stay the course and keep working toward good health and less weight.

I love my doctor!

No comments:

Post a Comment