Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Friday, October 4, 2013

Another Good Week in My Work World

This week has been filled with Professional Development.

Monday:
I taught 8th grade Science all day.  A teacher had a personal matter to handle that kept her from school and the sub canceled. Teaching speed = distance / time can be difficult.  :-) There was no way I could leave this for teachers or aides to do throughout the day.

Tuesday:
Today, I had the opportunity to attend a training with a guru assisting us in understanding our state assessment and what it takes to understand our state standards in association with the state assessment questions.  We focused on Reading today.  I am so excited to be working with Reading/Language Arts again.  I am having to really pull from deep in my memory and research to find answers to help my teachers.

Wednesday:
This morning, I attended a workshop (part 1 of 3) on how to lead/participate in Critical Conversations.  I was with my principal, new assistant principal, and former assistant principal.  I enjoyed working with them and learning the information. I reaffirmed that I am a good listener and horrible talker (with those I don't know well). I also found out that I am pretty good at coaching people on how to have critical conversations, but I don't like to lead them.

Thursday:
Today, I had the opportunity to attend a training with the same guru from Tuesday, but today, we focused on Science. The training was slightly different as the assessments are different, but the info was good.  I can't wait to use what I learned next week.

Friday:
I spent the morning at our local super store purchasing supplies for Science teachers to use the next six weeks.  The shopping, unloading, sorting/organizing, and delivering to classes takes hours.  I was so hot and sweaty by the time I finished.  I ended the day assisting an 8th grade English teacher while her SpEd Inclusion teacher was in a meeting.  It was great getting back to my English roots helping the students write/edit their essays.

No comments:

Post a Comment