Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Christmas in September

Today, I spent the morning with my BFF and her kids purchasing items for our Girl Scout Awards, Bridging, and Investiture Ceremonies.  We even splurged and got Sprinkles cupcakes.  Yummy!

When I returned home, I met Mom at Granny's.  She had begun setting out Christmas decorations that we plan to sell in our Christmas in October sale.  I helped bring in heavy boxes and set things up.  When we finished for the day, we had emptied around 25 tubs and boxes, emptied a portion of the shed, and emptied a hall closet. We still have at least 13 more boxes and tubs to unload.

I found pictures of my great, great grandparents and other relatives. We found the box of ornaments Granny had bought/collected for me.  Each one with my name and year. I haven't taken the time to go through the box yet, but I will at some point this Fall. I found some other items I want my brother and sister-in-law to have.

We ended the evening having dinner with my great aunt, her three kids, and two of the three spouses.  It was a great meal with wonderful conversation and laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment