Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Christmas Memories

We have been going through and setting out Halloween, Easter, and Christmas decorations at Granny's for our Christmas in October sale.  My mom and Great Aunt finished getting everything out on Friday.  Today, I went over to go through everything and sort out/keep what I wanted.  I took all the ornaments, many 60-70 years old, and divided them among the 5 grandchildren.  (Guess it won't be a secret or a Christmas surprise if any of them actually read this blog.  Ha ha!)  I kept a few other items for myself, some for my brother and sister-in-law, and a few things for my niece and nephew.  There is still tons to sell.  Cousins have either already looked or will this week.  I'm not sure if my cousins/brother will appreciate the items, and I don't know if they will pass them on to their children, the great-grandchildren, but I hope they do.  Granny loved Christmas, and I know she would want the kids have a little part of her happiness.  The great-grandkids are all pretty much old enough to carry memories of her with them, so I hope they will enjoy the ornaments when they are old enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment