Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Friday, October 11, 2013

Another Great Week in the Work World

This was a great, busy week at work!

Monday:
We had the day off today.  Woohoo!  I spent it running errands and getting things done around my house.  Did you know that if you lose the key to your lawn mower that you can buy a new one at your local hardware/lawn care store?  Yep!  It was so easy and cheap.  We thought we might need a new ignition or starter.  Thank goodness we didn't!

Tuesday:
Back to work!  I was supposed to have a meeting off campus, but it was rescheduled, so I worked on all kinds of things at school.  I think I did at least 10 or 11 walkthroughs and put together around 40 magazine boxes to organize Science manipulatives. I covered a teacher while she was in a meeting, so I taught a Resource English class last period.  I haven't done that it quite a while, but it was fun! I finished the day in a Reading Department meeting.

Wednesday:
I did all kinds of things today, including organizing more Science manipulatives and visiting more classrooms. I ended the day leading an 8th grade Science Department meeting.  We used a new format, and it went well.  There was some great discussion around our state standards.

Thursday:
We had a lot of teachers out for some reason.  Two were at Professional Development off campus, but I'm not sure where the others were.  I spent the morning making sure the subs had everything they needed.  I was supposed to cover a Science teacher while she attended a meeting, but she was out.  I ended up covering the Theater Arts teacher for half of one period, all of the next period, and then a few minutes of the last period.  I have no Theater Arts background, and I had no idea what they were supposed to do, so they behaved, but it wasn't quite like I would normally cover a class. I ended the day leading a 7th grade Science Department meeting.  We used a new format, the same one from yesterday, and it went well.  There was some great discussion around our state standards. It lasted longer than they would have liked, but the discussions were great!

Friday:
There were many teachers out again.  At least 5 had subs covering their classes, but 2 were not picked-up by subs.  I ran around all morning making sure all the subs had what they needed, etc. Once they were all settled, I helped a Science teacher with some technology. The rest of my morning was spent helping a teacher and her students with Science Fair, checking on subs, getting some materials to Science teachers, and working on some other things for the English/Language Arts/Reading Department and Professional Development.  I left midday to head out of town for a Literacy Conference.


No comments:

Post a Comment