Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Literacy Conference

My 2 BFFs and I submitted a proposal to a state literacy conference. (Actually, they did all the work, and I got to be included.) One friend had to back out due to a work commitment that came up, but my other friend and I headed to the host city on Friday night to attend and present at the conference on Saturday.

We presented my friend's dissertation study has a round table discussion during the first breakout session.  She did a great job, and I supported her all along the way.  I enjoyed participating in the conversation that occurred.

During the rest of the conference, I attended a session on Vocabulary/assisting ELLs and a session on Voice/using & writing poetry.  I learned some new ideas and will be sharing them this week at work.

I will organize my thoughts and present the information with a group of teachers this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment