Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Teacher Retention

I read an article earlier, Why Do Teachers Quit?

Interesting read! 

I know, within the first 5 years of teaching, I considered quitting.  Feelings of frustration, being overwhelmed, lack of respect, facing situations I never faced before, trying to find ways to connect with children when I wasn't raised the same, and more. 

Unless you have taught, spent more than one day being in charge, doing all the paperwork, checking for understanding, and doing all that is involved in educating today's youth, you have no idea what it is like.  I have always said that everyone with children, politicians, and anyone else making decisions or having opinions about education should have to spend time in a school.

No comments:

Post a Comment