Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Surviving the First Week with Chocolate

Educators across America are finding ways to survive their first week back with students.  For some, the week has been amazing, everything going well, time to get it all done.  For others, they are struggling to find time to get it all done--the teaching and the paperwork.  Everyone is having to get used to getting up early, standing on their feet all day, and coming home to take care of their families after a long day at work.

What are you doing to survive?  Getting to bed early?  Taking a nap before dinner? Eating all the chocolate you can find?  Spending an extra 30 minutes to an hour at the gym?  Taking a walk?

I'm not much of a snacker, but this week, I have been craving chocolate.  I mean seriously craving chocolate.  So . . . last night while at the store, I got all the ingredients for my favorite low carb chocolate muffins/cupcakes.

Ingredients:
1 box of sugar free chocolate cake mix (I get Sugar Free Devil's Food.)
1 15 oz can of Pumpkin
1 bag of sugar free chocolate chips
package of cupcake cups

Procedure:
  1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix the cake mix (just the powder, not anything else the mix calls for), Pumpkin, and half the bag of chocolate chips. (It should mix to the point that it looks like a normal cake mix batter.)
  3. Scoop into the cupcake cups, which you put into a muffin tin. (I can usually make 16 cupcakes/muffins.)
  4. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top of each one.
  5. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
  6. Enjoy!

I find that I have to eat them with a spoon or fork and not just bite into them like most muffins, but that is totally up to you.

After a day, I put them in the refrigerator to keep them fresh, and then when I'm ready for one, I heat it for 25-30 seconds.

Each one this size is 2 Weight Watchers points.  You can make mini-muffins for 1 point each.

No comments:

Post a Comment