Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Monday, August 26, 2013

1st Day of School 2013-2014

How was your or your child's 1st day of school?

Last night, I joked with Mom about her taking my picture today to start of the 1st day like when I was younger.  We were just kidding around.  After I was up and dressed this morning, she got up to take my picture.  Sweet lady!  I wouldn't let her take it b/c my hair wasn't ready. :-)  I really didn't need a picture. This morning was my 17th 1st day of school as a public educator.  (Although I have experience while in high school and college, I don't normally count that.)

Our 1st day at school seemed to run very smoothly.  It was a great start to a great year.

Since I am not in a classroom, I helped in the office by answering questions and pointing families toward the library to speak to the Registrar.  I spent the morning checking on teachers and students by visiting all of the classes inside the building at least once and some more than once. We received some new equipment for the Science Dept., so I inventoried that.  We realized we are missing some of our technology, so now we are on the look out for that.  After eating lunch, I revisited classrooms one to two more times, helped a Team take their group picture, had my picture taken for our school website, hooked up a computer and printer for a teacher, and met with a few 7th grade Science teachers to help them make a decision.

I am really surprised with the amount of walking I did and how much I was standing on my feet that they do not hurt more.  As a matter of fact, they hardly hurt at all.  I wonder if that means they will be killing me tomorrow night.

My niece started school last Wednesday, and she has had a good experience so far.  My nephew started today, and his day went well too.  I am praying they are able to be in the same school soon.

Well, because of the website picture, I did get a picture on the 1st day.  Now, remember, this is at the end of a long day.  No time to freshen up.


No comments:

Post a Comment