Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Italian Chicken Casserole

Today for lunch, I decided to try out one of the recipes I had found last weekend, Italian Chicken Casserole. I don't know where I found it, but there are several pins on Pinterest with the same recipe.

Italian Chicken Casserole 

Ingredients:

  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 cup chopped or diced onion
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced (I didn't have any, so I just added garlic powder.)
  • 2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
  • 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes with garlic, basil, & oregano
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 3 oz light cream cheese
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
  • 1 (8 oz) package angel hair pasta, cooked (You can use wheat pasta or any type you would like.)

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 glass pan or casserole dish. (I sprayed it with Olive Oil spray.)
  3. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
  4. Stir in garlic and onion. Let cook for about 3 minutes or until soft.
  5. Add chicken, tomatoes and heavy cream. (At this point, I realized my skillet was not going to be large enough, so I switched to a larger pot.)
  6. Allow to boil for a few minutes at medium-high heat.
  7. Turn down heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
  8. When sauce has slightly thickened, add in cream cheese and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, stirring constantly until the cheeses are melted.
  9. Add pasta and toss to coat.
  10. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. (I must have done something wrong b/c I had a lot, so I split the contents and put it in two casserole dishes to bake.)
  11. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup mozzarella evenly over all.
  12. Bake 30 minutes.
This picture is not that good, but the casserole was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment