Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Love of Nature

Before church:
No matter how difficult life is, how lost, sad, or hurt I may be, or how out of control life seems, watching the cotton tails, birds, and squirrels out my back door in the mornings is calming and reassuring of God's greatness.

God doesn't give us more than we can handle.  At times, that is hard to remember, but God has a plan for everyone, all the time, through all situations, no matter how much they hurt at the time.

A little peek out the door observing His greatness helps ground me and remind me that He is in control, and I must take deep breaths and trust.  I trust God.  It is the humans I do not.

After church:
We heard the story of Isaac & Rebecca and the birth of their sons.  Isaac & Rebecca had such faith and always went to God in prayer. I really enjoyed the sermon, but it makes me ask:

How does God meet the needs of two people involved in the same situation, with the situation taking the two people in completely different directions, leaving a massive hole in one's life, and yet be working for something even greater and more miraculous for both people? What if the situation is being driven by human decision and not God's?

I'm not really asking that right or what I mean.  Most will look at my question and be able to give a matter of fact answer, but what I am needing to know is so much deeper and more involved.  The only thing I can come up with is: Have faith.  Believe. Be patient. Continue to pray.

For now . . . that is all I can do.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment