Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Fitness Anniversary Day

Two years ago today, I rejoined Curves and started working toward a healthier life.  I began working out 30 minutes a day as many days a week as possible, and I started watching what I ate.  Along the way, I added more fruits and vegetables and switched from white flour to wheat.  Now, I have switched from wheat to gluten free.  On my 2nd anniversary of seriously trying to be healthier, I have lost 61 lbs and over 42 inches.

I am a little embarrassed to say it has taken 2 years to get this far.  I would love to say I have lost 75 lbs or 100 lbs or even 61 lbs in 9 months or a year, but it is 61 lbs in 2 years.  I can say that I have done it naturally and with hard work.  No surgery for me.  I have to continue to work hard as not to go backwards or gain it back.

There is absolutely no way I would have made it this far or stuck with it if it were not for my mom, who makes sure I eat healthy, my BFF, who makes sure I get to Curves or out for a walk, my other BFF, who has been supportive, and my coworker, who got fit herself and was a great support and role model for me.

I am not excited about these pictures, and 2 are not that great, but here is a little idea of where I was and how far I have come.

Late May/Early June 2011

Fall 2012

June 23, 2014

Yea, me!  I will keep trudging along.  Now that we have figured out that my body has been working against me, maybe things will go a little smoother losing even more.  (Hasn't happened so far, but I will keep trying.)

No comments:

Post a Comment