Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Little Piece of Country

I have blogged about how I love my house and street before, but I was reminded of why the last few days.  My BFF and I have not been able to complete our nightly walk the last few days, which we do in her neighborhood, so I set out Sunday and Monday night to just walk my entire street, which is about a mile, just to let off a little stress and emotion.  My street has about 22 houses on it, all with more than one acre, with most close to two acres. Not only does this allow space and land between then, but it gives the feel of a more open, country feel.  Various types of trees and wildlife fill the yards.  There isn't a lot of traffic.  More these days than in years past, but still not a thoroughfare. Walking after 8:00 gives it a feel of walking through the country or treed area. 

The crunch of dried pine needles and broken pine cones underfoot,
sound of birds tweeting and bugs buzzing,
glimpses of butterflies and moths fluttering,
sight of cotton tails hopping through the yards,
reminders of what might be deadly reptiles--snake skins, dead snakes, baby snakes too scared to move,
sadness of a dead field mice,
coziness of tree-lined skylines,
playfulness of the Moon playing peek-a-book through the tree branches,
memories of walking through the woods at Girl Scout Camp.

It is so relaxing, and I look forward to more evening walks.  I hope you can find a little place to unwind, relax.

This morning, I got out early to walk.  We are having extremely cool temps for July, so I wanted to take advantage of them.  This time, I left my street and added several streets in the neighboring neighborhood.  Once I left my street, there was a such a difference--houses closer together, fewer trees, more traffic, less country feel, less calming and relaxing feel.  It just made me love my street even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment