Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Monday, December 2, 2013

December Means Holiday Memories

I have decided that I will share pics and memories related to Christmas throughout December.

Today, I begin with stockings.  I love my Christmas stocking.  I always have!  Granny made sequined stockings for all of us to hang at her house.  I love looking at them every year.  Mom made a set, slightly different but of the same pattern, to hang at our house.  The first thing I like to decorate is the mantel and hanging the stockings.  On Christmas morning, the first thing I like to open is my stocking.


All the sequin work was done by hand.  Several years ago, Mom decided to add some new items, so the school items on the left were added since I am an educator, and the mustang on the right was added to represent college. Our names are sequined at the top on a little cuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment