Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Monday, March 10, 2014

Spring Break--Monday

Today, despite getting in at 1 AM, Mom and I got up early and got busy.  We went to Granny's and cleaned off the patio and cleaned out a small shed.  We worked some in the garage too.  Everything went to the curb that wasn't going to our house.  I got tons of exercise loading, moving, hauling, carrying, dragging, and pushing all kinds of things--most were heavy.  We worked and worked moving things from the backyard to the front curb. We barely ate lunch and snacks for all the work.

We then worked on the two sheds at our house.  We needed to make room for things to come from Granny's to our house.  Again, I loaded, moved, hauled, carried, drug, and pushed all kinds of things--most were heavy.  I moved things from the back acre (we have 2) to the front curb. Granny kept all kinds of craft magazines.  For years, we had tried to get rid of those she had in our back shed b/c they were just ruining.  She wouldn't let us.  Well, those magazines dating from 1964-1991 are now on our curb waiting for the recycling truck.  There were boxes and boxes of them.  She had reused Girl Scout cookie boxes (those holding a case) to store her magazines.  Our front shed is organized, now contains 4 cabinets and 2 tool organizers from her garage.

We finally quit around 3:00 PM.  We rested for a bit and then went to my cousins' for dinner with my Great Aunt.  We had a nice dinner and visit.

I wish I was able to spend more time with my niece and nephew, but we have to get all this work done while I am off work.

No comments:

Post a Comment