Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Monday, March 31, 2014

I'm a Closet Choreographer!

My niece dances competitively.  This year, she dances with groups for Jazz, Tap, Acro, and Lyrical, and she has a Jazz solo.  Her competitions are normally in the Spring, and we are halfway through competiton season right now.  Every year, after every weekend contest, the same thing happens to me.  For every song that comes on the radio, I immediately start choreographing a dance routine.  I decide what kind of dance it should be--Jazz, Tap, Lyrical, etc.--and I design a dance for the whole song.  This goes on for weeks after the last contenst. In my mind, my dances are phenomenal, but in reality, I have no idea how good they are.  It would be interesting if I could teach one to someone and see what happens.  This might be another way to fund my Conference Presentation Habit, as I call it.

No comments:

Post a Comment