Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day isn't that exciting of a holiday for me.  As a child, I enjoyed the little cards and sacks or boxes we used to exchange our cards.  As an adult, I think it is overrated. 

It is crazy enough teaching elementary students on Valentine's Day, but at least there is a specific time for the card exchange and party. 

In Middle School, it is quite different.  The students exchanged bouquets of flowers (some quite large), packages and bags of candy, cards, and stuffed animals (some nearly as large as me) all through the day, whenever they saw one another.  The candy was not put away, but it was eaten all day.  All that sugar plus a Full Moon made for quite an interesting day.

I had the opportunity to teach 8th grade Math during the middle of the day, so I got to experience all of this first hand.  The students were fun and did their best to follow directions.

How did you spend Valentine's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment