Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Monday, February 24, 2014

Detox Day 1

My BFF went to her dr's appt a few weeks ago, and after studying her blood work/panel, he suggested she do a Detox program.  To support her, if she wanted to do it, I checked into it.  I decided I wasn't going to spend the money to purchase the shakes and supplements, but I would give it a try following the menu or meal rules.

My mom has been great.  I gave her the info, she read it all, and then she went about planning our meals for 10 days.  I would have, but she just took over.  It is nice to have the support.

Day 1:
Breakfast:  My chocolate shake made with Almond Milk
(It is a shake powder I get from my dr.)
This is what I have every morning (that I have milk), so I just continued it to replace the Detox shake.

Lunch: Minestrone Soup from the Detox menu/recipes
It is made with Vegetable broth, carrots, celery, kidney beans, green beans, and tomatoes.
After beginning to eat it, I realized it needed something.  To me, it had a weird smell, and it was so bland that I only ate about half of my portion.

Dinner: Salmon, stir fry vegetables, and brown rice
Our vegetables were broccoli, carrots, corn, and edamame (sp?).  I can't have corn with the Detox, so I ate around those.

I drank 3-4 bottles of water all day, and before bed, I drank a 12-16 oz glass of warm herbal tea for Detox (according to the box).

I tell you, if it were not for Mom, I would not be doing this. Today was rough.  Nothing tasted right, and I missed my cold artificially sweetened tea and tasty not-so-great for me foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment