Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Weight Loss Journey--Part 2

I continued to see this doctor and work on lowering my A1C and watch my eating from February 2010-June 2011.  I tried changing a few things on my menu, but I was struggling.

At some point, I saw a doctor specifically for my digestive issues, but he was rude and made me uncomfortable and stupid.  He did not help me.

In May 2011, I changed jobs, and my new one began in August.  I was still trying to do better, but I really wasn't losing weight or lowering my A1C. I just wasn't figuring it out, I guess.

In January 2012, I began going to what I call a Wellness Doctor.  Before I went, I asked family, who had been going, if he was a Quack or used really different methods.  I mean, what is a Wellness doctor? They said he did not.  I still wasn't sure, but I gave him a try.  What I liked was how thorough the blood panel was.  When the results come back each time, the document is 5-10 pages long, filled with details about organs, blood, hormones, and more. The doctors and assistants are deeply knowledgeable about how the body and organs work, what is needed and not needed, and how to get where you want to go. It is a lot about data, which I like.

I decided I had to get serious.  I switched from white flour to wheat, I started really watching my carb intake, and I tried to make better food choices overall. I began losing, and my A1C did start to get better, but things were not moving very fast.

On July 9, 2012, my BFF and I joined Curves, a gym for women.  During the summer months, we tried to work out six days a week.  Once school began, we tried to get in at least four times a week,  More if we could.  At first, we just did the 30 min circuit.  The better we got and the more active we became, we began adding the stationary bike, elliptical, and treadmill. Soon, I was biking 15-20 miles at a time or walking 30 minutes to an hour.

This picture is from the fall of 2012.

I'm not sure how much I lost or how fast, but I know during two different three month periods, I lost 18 lbs, so I know I lost 36 lbs in six months.

I continued working out regularly and watching my diet through 2013.

While I was losing weight and controlling my Diabetes/lowering my A1C, my digestive and stomach problems were not getting better.


This picture is from June 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment