Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

With Whom You Surround Yourself

Earlier this week, a young up-and-coming Hollywood star was found dead in his hotel room.  He has battled drug abuse for many years, and sadly, we have learned it was involved in his death.  As I have read the many articles on his life and death, one thing keeps coming to mind.

He is seen entering his hotel room at 2:15 am after being out with "friends." Later, "friends" was changed to "unidentified individuals."

Here is my thought . . .
Why did he surround himself with people that might partake in the things he was trying to quit? 
Why didn't the people he surrounded himself with try to make sure he stayed clean?
Don't friends try to help friends stay clean and help them make better decisions?

I realize there are many different scenarios that could lead to these people not knowing his demons or he could have gotten the drugs after leaving their presence, but . . .

I am so grateful that my friends have my best interests at heart and treat me with the utmost respect.  I am so grateful for the people with whom God has surrounded me.

No comments:

Post a Comment