Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Posting on Social Media

Anyone who has met me in the last 2 years has not gotten to know or work with the "me" that existed before.  I have, and do realize, that I have been more negative, sad, and uncertain than ever before.  I am working to change that b/c it does bother me, and I want to be "me." I have thought how anyone reading this blog would not find it fun, uplifting, or helpful.  I need to change that! Especially since I set-off to enlighten, share ideas, and learn from others.

I just read 5 Things a Blessed Mom Should Consider Before Posting on Social Media by Hevyn Allen. She makes some very good points and has my mind whirling.

I hardly ever actually post a status update on Facebook.  If I wish someone Happy Birthday, I do it by sending a message.  I "like" pictures, quotes, and posts, but I really just peruse it to see what others are doing or to keep up with those I don't see often enough. (I am very particular about who I "friend," so I actually know everyone in my Friend List and can hear their voices and/or see their faces when I read their posts.)

I have a Twitter account, but I hardly ever go to Twitter to see what's going on in the world. That piece of social media just hasn't caught on with me yet.

I like blogging b/c it does allow me to think and process.  For those who truly know me, they know that I don't like sharing my feelings, talking about things that are too private, discussing anything that makes me cry, or writing/journaling.  Blogging, positive or negative, has allowed me to process thoughts and ideas, document activities or events, and share some things with the world that I hope have been helpful.

Anyway, I think I will consider, think about, and process the blog I read today and see where it leads me.

No comments:

Post a Comment