Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Lost Years

Last night, I finished The Lost Years by Mary Higgins Clark.  My office-mates/friends had given me this mystery months ago for my birthday, but I had not made the time to read it until now.  One friend told me that she kept paper and pencil nearby to help her keep track of all the characters as she read b/c there are always so many in her books.  Well, I didn't need paper and pencil, but she was right.  There were many characters to keep straight (there were at least 14).  It was a good book that had you questioning motives, if the detectives were right, if you had missed a detail somewhere, and led you straight up to the climactic ending.  I figured out "who done it" before it was revealed, but that was fine.  I had to be sure I was right! 

I liked that it had a Christian/Religious twist to it and included information surrounding the lost parchment from Christ to Joseph of Arimathea.

No comments:

Post a Comment