Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Science Fair 2014

This afternoon was our annual campus Science Fair.  At my school, all student sin GT (Gifted and Talented) Science and Pre-AP Science are required to complete a Science Fair project.  I ask our teachers to get the students started in October, have due dates for the different parts throughout the fall, and then take up the projects a few days before our campus Science Fair.  We had around 10-14 different categories this year.  The judges tried to give 1st-3rd for each category, but that wasn't possible for all categories.  We can send 20 projects to the next level where they compete with students from the surrounding counties.  That will occur on February 15th. 

It makes for a long afternoon/evening for me.  We have so many projects with no place to display them, so we organize them in the cafeteria for judges, who I reserve, to judge after school.  This can last anywhere from 3:30-7:00.  (I provide snacks and drinks for our volunteer judges.) This year, the judges were finished by 6:30, and then two helped me move all the projects to the teachers' rooms or the library b/c the cafeteria has to be cleared out by morning.  We put all those earning ribbons on display in the library to be taken home by Friday afternoon. 

We had some neat projects, but I'm so tired, I can't remember specifics.

No comments:

Post a Comment