Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Friday, January 24, 2014

Crazy Week at Work

Well, we have finished a 4 day week that was just a little crazy.
  • At least 2 days involved splitting classes because teachers were out and subs didn't pick up jobs or cancelled. 
  • We gave 9 week assessments over two days. 
  • Our Science Fair was on Wednesday. 
  • My office-mate and I led a Professional Development with our SpEd teachers on Thursday afternoon. 
  • We have a push-in teacher starting, so we had to prepare for her.  
  • I am trying desperately to find two more push-in teachers specifically for Science, and I am running out of time. 
  • On Monday, I begin teaching a 5 week two hour class that consists of 7th & 8th grade Science and 7th & 8th grade Social Studies.  Yep!  That takes some thinking, planning, and prep work.
  • I visited classes, met with teachers, answered all kinds of quetions, helped get Science Fair projects back to students, and more.
  • I had a great meeting with my principal and one with my assistant principal. There is no need for me to question my job!  Nope, not at all.  It is so nice to be/feel supported.
There was so much work for only 4 days!

To get it out of my system and to get ready for the weekend, I went to Curves, did the 30 minute circuit, and then rode the stationary bike for 30 minutes.  The screen is broken, so I couldn't see how many calories I burned or how many miles I went, probably 5 or 6, but I did it, and that is all that matters.  Here's to the start of a relaxing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment