Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Friday, February 1, 2019

Hashimoto's and My Thyroid

My labwork finally came back, and my dr called to say she wanted me to come in to chat about the results. I was a bit nervous at first thinking something might be seriously wrong, but she didn't sound overly concerned, so I calmed down.

Apparently, my brain is not registering much, if any, Thyroid activity or hormone creation/activity. This really surprised me. We discussed changing my meds to something that should work better, decided on a milligrammage to start with, and discussed what to expect. I cannot start with the full mg b/c it will be like I'm on Speed or something, so we will start a little lower and work our way up.

In the past, I have been able to tell, or so I thought, that my THyroid has been off, but I haven't felt that way lately. That is why this surprised me.  However, it does explain a few other concerns surrounding hormones.

I am looking forward to working with this dr and getting answers.

Anyone out there have any ideas or suggestions for those with Hashimoto's?

No comments:

Post a Comment