Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Saturday, February 9, 2019

Hot Chocolate 5K

This is my 6th year, I think, to participate in the Hot Chocolate 5K (Allstate Hot Chocolate 15K/5K).

When I began participating in this race, I walked it.  Most years, I simply walked it. I am not a runner.  However, this year, I jogged most of the first mile, part of the second mile, and the last 500 meters.

I set a new personal record!

Before the race

Waiting in my Corral
It is somewhere between 35 and 39 degrees. The wind chill is much colder.

Heading toward the starting line

Afterward

My sweet man found a little office with chairs to hang out in while I raced and then took me there to rest and warm up.


An official pic from the race
I need to figure out how to look glamorous while running. Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment