Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Monday, February 4, 2019

Girl Scouts--Adult Awards

These last 2-3 years, I have been the ARS for our Service Unit.  I am responsible for getting out the info about nominating adult volunteers for awards. I also have access to training records and the nominations to make sure everything is in line for the adults to actually received the awards.

What I have found is that most Girl Scout volunteers do not like to nominate themselves and most girls/families won't nominate their volunteers.

I just simply keep communicating. I send out emails to volunteers/leaders. Our communication person sends out info to our families. I post info on our social media site.

I nominate everyone I think of to get the ball rolling.

I was just sitting here thinking. I can see all the nominations that come through for our SU. Very few, if any, are done by girls and parents. Why not? The amount of time and energy leaders put into Girl Scouting warrants these awards.  Why are the girls and parents not nominating their leaders/volunteers?

Anyone else out there have this problem? Found a solution? I would love to hear your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment