Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving Reading

Since we were going to be gone and had a 5 hour drive to and fro, I grabbed 3 books to dive into during our trip.  Well, I managed to only read one of the books while we were gone, which was read only while we were driving.  I just read/finished Counting by 7's by Holly Goldberg Sloan.  I really enjoyed the book. It had a good pace, and I didn't get bored. On page 360, I ran across a line that touched me.

"I'm not brave; it's just that all other choices have been thrown out the window."

I thought, "If 'brave' were changed to 'strong,' that would be me."  I don't mean for that to sound conceited or anything, but I find that with everything that I have thought about, felt, and gone through the last few years, that I haven't been brave.  I have had to be strong.  Stronger than I ever thought I needed to be.  Strong enough to get through.  Maybe I have put things off, not mourned when or how I should have, over or under reacted, but I have survived.  Strong and the way I have handled things is the only way I knew how b/c "all other choices" were "thrown out the window."

No comments:

Post a Comment