Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Run for God--New Hope America 5K

Because I have been out of commission for a while due to a hip injury and have not walked or worked out like I have been or should, I decided to set a goal for myself.  I got an email about a free 5K being held on the evening of November 15th--Run for God--New Hope America 5K.  While it was being held in Georgia, I decided I could register (it was free, after all) and walk my own 5K in my own neighborhood.  So . . . I did.  This weekend turned out to be very cold (snow coming in tomorrow), so I decided not to wait until the evening when the actual event started.  I walked my 5K in the early/mid-afternoon. I impressed myself even more--I ran during different portions of my route.  I have this big hill I have to go down and then back up.  I walked this hill 6 times during my 5K.  I ran down the hill 5 of the 6 times.  Now, some of you may think that isn't that big a deal.  Well . . . I don't run.  I don't have the endurance (yet) and I don't like running when others can see me, so I decided to work it in when I felt comfortable.  I was so excited to accomplish that little bit of running.  This whole thing has really gotten me motivated to start working out and walking again.  I hope I can keep it up.

Here I am before heading outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment