Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Monday, August 4, 2014

Pinterest Project Fun--T-Shirt Quilt/Wall Hanging

Yesterday, I was feeling stressed, and I knew I needed to find something to do to take my mind off the issue and to fill my time with creativity.  What did I do? I dug out all my SMU t-shirts I had stored in the bottom of my closet, and I decided to make a t-shirt quilt.  I had pinned this site: http://faithinfear.blogspot.com/2013/01/t-shirt-quilt-introduction.html.  I read and reread what she said and then got busy.

I realized I didn't have enough shirts for a twin size, so I decided to go with a wall hanging or throw. (Although, after talking to my BFF, I could have used the backs of the shirts as solid panels/squares to make it bigger, but then I would have had to use interfacing too.)  I did all the pinning, and Mom did the sewing.  I would have done it, but this gave her something to do too.


It isn't perfect, but it will be something to cherish b/c I was assisted with great love and affection by my seamstress (aka Mom), and we used Granny's sewing machine. (We had used Mom's in the beginning, but the backside of the seam looked terrible, so we changed machines.  After talking with our amazing neighbor, we learned the tension wasn't right, so we changed it on Granny's machine and kept going.)  The whole thing really only took about 8-9 hours.

I think my little model thinks it is for her. She had to be on it or by it every step of the way. As I pinned the binding, she came along behind me taking out the pins. Yes, she took out the pins one at a time with her teeth.  :-)

My plan is to use it as wall decor in my office this year to go with our college theme.



No comments:

Post a Comment