Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Let the Unpacking Begin!

I am sure I have said it somewhere, but we had a 2 story bldg added onto our building, a hallway was completely redone to be made into classrooms from Fine Arts rooms, major renovations took place around the office, and every room & hallway have been painted.  We packed up the entire bldg before June 9th.  Now, we are unpacking it.  I was given special permission to work in my new office this afternoon, so my mom and I arranged 2/3 of my desk and unpacked 52 boxes of books.

The books were not located in my office before, and they will not stay now.  I plan to divide them up and give everyone a set to make a classroom library.  Now . . . to have the time and energy to make it happen. 

The chalkboard and white board were supposed to be removed and replaced with white bookshelves.  That didn't happen.  The shelves were saved from the trash and are being kept safe for now.  We hope they will be installed in about a month.

My former office-mate has become an Assistant Principal at one of our local high schools.  I am sooooo excited for her, but I will miss her.  We were given the old Assistant Principals' furniture, so I will keep both sets of furniture (in case they hire someone to replace her), and the office will actually look professional and inviting. (Our old office was so tiny, made up of mismatched furniture, and I pretty much only had a computer desk for a desk.)  This space is going to be great! Oh, the plans I have!

(I just created this pics to share with my BFFs, but I decided to put them here too.)
None of the filing cabinets are mine.  They just stored them here for now.

Before doing any work.

After arranging one desk and unpacking 52 boxes.



No comments:

Post a Comment