Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Saturday, April 19, 2014

A Day of Fun

When I heard my niece and nephew were coming, I asked them what they wanted to do.  They sent me their list of places to go and foods to eat.  Since we only have a short time, I had to figure out how to make the most of their time and squeeze in as much as possible.

8:00 am--Breakfast at McDonald's
9:00 am--Dallas Zoo
We have passes, so we hit the specific places they want to see when we have limited time.  We covered one whole area of the zoo, and then we went to 3 specific places on the other side.  They both touched snakes, saw what they wanted, and had a great time.
12:00 pm--Lunch at Subway
Since we were downtown and didn't have too far to go, we had to find somewhere they wanted to go and in our location.
1:30 pm--Perot Museum
We visited every floor, seeing what they wanted, spending time where they wanted, and had a blast.  The museum did a great job covering all the tested materials for 5th and 8th grades, so I pointed out what they will both need.  :-)  Always the educator!
4:45 pm--Walmart
5:30 pm--Church Small Group Pot Luck
When the kids are with me, I do and plan what they want to do, and I focus all my time and energy on them.  My church small group had a pot luck/gathering planned for today, so I asked my niece and nephew if they wanted to go or do something else.  I gave them all the details so they could make a good decision.  Not only did they agree they wanted to go, they were going to get to see my BFF's children too, children they love to see/play with.  We had a great time visiting, and by the end, all of the children were in the hot tub or pool--fully clothed.  My niece and nephew had the best time, and it makes me so happy.  We had tasty pulled pork, homemade mac and cheese, fruits, vegetables, potato salads, coleslaws, and desserts.
8:30/9:00 pm--Taco Casa
Yes, we ate at the pot luck, but we had planned to have dinner at Taco Casa (before we decided t go to the pot luck), and my niece didn't forget, so we went and got a "snack."
10:00/10:30 pm--The kids passed out for the night.

I was so blessed today!  I absolutely love those two darlings, and I love watching them learn and have fun. Thank you, Lord, for a wonderful day!

Elephants
 Lioness
Monorail
Alligator Encounter 
Touching a snake 
Learning about rocks
Life Science floor
 Swimming in April


No comments:

Post a Comment