Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Monday, May 6, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Week

Today marks the beginning of Teacher Appreciation Week.  I have fond memories of the teachers who taught me K-12.  I can recall each one by name, see their faces, and think of something about them or their class.  Some, I still see from time to time.

I can remember many teachers with whom my mom taught for 30 years.  Well, I didn't come along until year 8 or so.  :-) 

I had many fabulous, memory worthy college professors; some I still speak to today. 

I met some great educators while working at a museum in high school and college.

I had an amazing student teaching experience, so my student teacher teacher holds a special place in my heart.

I have worked with some amazing teachers and administrators over the last 16 years.  Some I feel are like family.

All of these people have left an impression on me, and I thank them for all they have done for their students and for me.

I know what teachers do.  I know how hard their jobs are.  It is easy for non-educators to think teaching is so easy or they get holidays and summers off, but the job is so much more than that.  Teachers make thousands of decisions a day, impact children (positively and/or negatively), teach state mandated objectives, and so much more.  Teachers are educators, mothers, nurses, psychologists, psychiatrists, coaches, caregivers, judges, managers, supervisors, facilitators, behaviorists, scientists, historians, readers, librarians, writers, mathematicians, heroes, comforters, leaders, inspiration, explorers, collaborators, counselors, and more . . .

Has a teacher left a lasting impression on you?

No comments:

Post a Comment