Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Monday, April 1, 2013

A Quick Weekend of Fun

March 22-24 was a weekend of fun with my niece and nephew.  My mom was so excited about going to my niece's dance convention, but because she was still in rehab for her broken leg, she couldn't go, so I went alone to take her place.  I was responsible for my niece on Saturday at her convention while my sister-in-law got my nephew to and from the Bullying Conference he had been specifically invited to because he is such an amazing student. My niece learned various mini dances with a hip hop twist throughout the day. When she finished and my sister-in-law & nephew arrived, we did some shopping, swimming, and eating. 
Warming-up


It was warm outside, but the water was cold.  They didn't care.

 On Sunday, my sister-in-law stayed with my niece at dance while my nephew and I went to Aquarena Springs to ride the glass bottom boats.  That was the one thing he wanted to do, so we did it, and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.


Crayfish
turtle
Checking out the fish.
Blind Salamander
Salamander--Can you see the three eggs at the end of the body and above the tail?  We watched it lay egg #4.

The view from the top of the Aquarium building.  You can see one of the boats with a blue tarp.
Beautiful view!
Looking down into the water from on top of the Aquarium building.  It is clear, so you can see the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment