Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Monday, April 22, 2013

Girl Scout Leader Appreciation Day


Today, I want to thank my co-leader for all she does for our troop of girls and me.  Without her, our girls would not learn the skills, have the fun, or enjoy the experiences they do.

In 2008, we began our troop to give her daughter and my niece the Girl Scout experiences we loved as girls and to help develop lifelong friendships like we have with girls from our childhood troops. We have welcomed many girls over the years, said, "Good-bye," to a few too, and changed to a multilevel troop to give those same experiences to younger siblings and friends. Leading a troop is so much more than we could have imagined.

Thank you, my dearest friend and co-leader, for all you have done to support me. I met you through school and Girl Scouts many years ago.  We have experienced many ups and downs over the years, and I look forward to all the experiences we have yet to have.

You truly are a . . .

I also want to thank all the leaders who influenced me.  These ladies gave of their time and energy, not knowing much about Girl Scouting themselves, to teach us lifelong skills and give us experiences to develop us as the leaders we have become, not only in Girl Scouts but in all we do.

1 comment:

  1. Awww! That is so sweet! I am sorry for missing Leader Appreciation Day. As you know, I've been quite busy this week..... Anyway, I truly appreciate all you do for our troop. You are the one who does most of the work; I just show up. ;)

    We were so fortunate to have so many wonderful leaders when we were girls! I hope we're doing justice to the legacy they began. :)

    ReplyDelete