Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Martin Luther King, Jr. Day/Weekend

How did you spend Martin Luther King, Jr. Day weekend? 
Did you watch the Inauguration? I absolutely love hearing The Battle Hymn of the Republic!
Did you go somewhere fun with the family?
Did you try a new recipe?

Yesterday, I decluttered the corner hutch in the kitchen along with the microwave stand and a built in cabinet/hutch. I gave it a once over with the dust rag too.  I attempted to straighten the desk area in the office/library/front room.  I didn't get very far with that. I did a few other things no one will ever notice too.

Today, after my morning workout and taking care of a few errands, I decided to do a little more cleaning. While doing a little laundry, I decided to throw in the bathroom shower curtain and liner.  I took the rod down to give it a good bleaching.  It has rusted and left a yucky reddish, orangeish, black stripe down one side and a reddish, orangeish stripe down another. I got some of it off, but it is still noticeable.  I'm not sure what else to do.  Maybe paint it? I also cleaned the sink and fronts of the bottom kitchen cabinets and dishwasher.  Microwave is fairly clean. I dusted my bedroom ceiling fan too.  After throwing the last load in the dryer, I decided to take out the middle spinner thing from the washer.  It was so gross underneath.  I went to the following websites to see how to clean my top loading washing machine--
Ask Anna: How to Clean the Washing Machine and One Good Thing by Jillee: How to Clean Your {Top-Leader} Washing Machine. I wiped down the washer and dryer while waiting.

Well, after an hour and a half of water and vinegar, it ran through the whole cycle.  It looked clean as I looked inside.  However, I took the middle spinner off again, and it hadn't changed.  I poured a little bleach directly on that gross, grey stuff.  I decided to make sure it was all covered and soaking.  I left it for about an hour. I filled it with hot water just to cover the gross area and then ran the rest of the cycle without the spinner thing on it. Well, when looking into the washer, it looks very clean.  However, the process did nothing for the yucky grey stuff under the spinner.

Now . . . if someone would come sweep, vacuum, and clean the bathrooms.  :-)

While we are in the midst of Girl Scout Cookies initial sales going door-to-door or selling at parents' work places, we are also getting organized for booth sales.  I learned how to use the "Sign Up" tab on our Shutterfly site.  What a great tool!

No comments:

Post a Comment