Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Independence Day and Amazing Helpers

Happy Independence Day!

My Great Aunt and cousins invited me for lunch for brisket and the fixings.  The food was great and the company was wonderful!

My BFF's husband and son came over to help me with my yard.  I can do the mowing.  I have run a mower since I was 7, but I need help with weed eating, trimming trees and shrubs, and hauling off junk and trash.  Her awesome husband tackled the weed eating and mowing a strip of land I have behind my back fence while her son and I trimmed shrubs and cleaned up junk/trash and then hauled trash can after trash can to the curb.

For the first time, we saw a snake.  I'm so glad her husband was here when it slithered out and to the yard behind us.  (It is hard to see.)



Her son and I watched a crawdad/crayfish in the far back yard while her husband cut that strip of land.  I have seen their little houses/holes my whole life, but I have never seen an actual critter back there.  Well, we got one to come out of the hole and played with it.





I will forever be grateful to Tim and Connor Culmo for all their help today. They didn't have to, but they did.  They have no idea what it means to me.

I ended the day with my BFF and her family. Her mom invited me over for BBQ and fireworks.  I had such a nice time. I am so thankful to them for including me.  It really means so much to me. (I am not thankful for the chigger and mosquito bites.  Ha ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment