Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Last Day of School for 2013-2014

Today was the last day of school, and I wasn't sure I was going to make it to the end and have everything finished. We had to pack the entire building for remodeling, sprinkler system, and painting. If you have never experienced this, you are so missing out.  Science Prep Labs, hundreds of novels, Math manipulatives, Science games and manipulatives, my office, random materials & supplies, technology, SpEd paperwork, oh my! I learned a lot about chemicals and chemical disposal throughout the process. (We found things from 1973, which has to be around the time the building opened. I can't find the year it opened, but I will keep looking.) On top of all this, one of our Science teachers was in an accident and received an extremely serious head injury on Memorial Day.  This led to working with a sub to finish the year and assisting with packing up this classroom.  (I have some amazing Science teachers that worked together to help the sub and make sure the room was packed.) We had a few other teachers on long term leave, so we had to check on the packing of those rooms too. I (or we) got it done, so now it is time to rest for a day or so, fight this sinus infection, and prepare to teach Reading at Summer Acceleration and write Science curriculum.



No comments:

Post a Comment