Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

God's Test

I truly believe that God doesn't give us more than we can handle.  He pushes us to test us, and He knows how strong we are, so He pushes us right up to our limit or even a little further in order to strengthen us.

With that said, the last 12 months have been very difficult and exhausting.  I know God has a plan, but I just don't understand, and I am getting so tired.  I know!  I know!  I should not analyze and try to figure out His plan.  I should just follow it.  However, it is so hard.  Just today, yet another thing happened.  My mother fell and broke both bones at the ankle in her right leg. I hate to see her in pain, and we have to figure out how this will play out since she is Granny's caregiver.  It will get interesting this week.

I recently saw the following: "When you are down to nothing, God is up to something."
I am sure He is, but I have to stay in prayer for patience b/c I want Him to just get me there already.  :-) He has gotten me down to the lowest place I've ever been, so I know great things must be to come.  However, I also know that things could get a lot worse.  I just pray they don't.

I also saw this one: "When everything seems like it is falling a part, that's when God is putting things together just the way He wants it." I believe this.  I have to be patient and do as He wants in His time.  I am sure this all has something to do with my lack of patience. :-) Or . . . He is trying to get me back on track and onto the path He wants me to follow rather than the one I have been making the decisions about the last 20 years.

Finally, I saw this one: "When God puts you through trials, He breaks you down, but He always puts you back together stronger than before."  I truly believe this one too.  He needs me to give it all to Him, quit doing things my way and wanting to be in charge of everything, and allow Him to lead me.  I know God has a great future ahead of me.

What are your thoughts about tests from God?  The quotes I shared?

No comments:

Post a Comment