Welcome! Please share your ideas with us.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Planning For the Year

Have you begun planning the 2011-2012 year? 
Not having the new materials reminds me of starting a new school year without the new curriculum.  I am a planner.  I like to spend time looking through all the resources, making decisions about the year, deciding what trips we will take & which events we will attend, and setting a tentative, yet firm, calendar. 

When looking at the year, I create a document that looks like a lesson plan.  My document includes the date of meeting, plan for meeting (activities, crafts, etc.), materials needed, plan for dinner/snack, and notes about upcoming events to discuss with parents.  I tend to plan as detailed as possible for the first semester, make changes as we go, and then build the second semester closer to December.

My co-leader and I have not planned our year yet, but we are seriously considering beginning with one of the Journeys and work through it until we can add the new materials to it.  We will have a tri-level troop this year, so we will work to keep everyone on their level but doing activities/crafts that tie the levels/Journeys together.

So . . . have you planned your year yet?  What plans do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment